The Kotak Mahindra Group was incorporated in 1985 as Kotak Capital Management Finance Limited. This company was promoted by Uday Kotak, Sidney A. A. Pinto and Kotak & Company. Industrialists Harish Mahindra and Anand Mahindra took a stake in 1986, and that is when the company's name was changed to Kotak Mahindra Finance Limited. In 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. was converted into a commercial bank- the first Indian company to do so.
Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India's leading financial conglomerates, offering complete financial solutions that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking, to stock broking, to mutual funds, to General and Life Insurance, to investment banking, the group caters to the financial needs of individuals and corporates.
Kotak Mahindra Bank has the following subsidiaries
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company
- Kotak Securities
- Kotak Mahindra Investments
- Kotak Mahindra Prime
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company
- Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited
- Kotak Mahindra (International)
- Kotak Mahindra (UK)
- Kotak Mahindra Inc.
- Kotak Mahindra Trusteeship Services Limited
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited
- Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund Limited
- Kotak Mahindra Financial Services Limited
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management (Singapore) PTE Ltd
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited
- IVY Product Intermediaries Limited
Kotak Mahindra Group's tag line is Lets Make Money Simple.